Who We Are
We seek support from individuals and community businesses to help sustain Lawrence Central’s nationally recognized Performing Arts Program. These award winning arts programs—including band, choir, orchestra, theater, dance and color guard—provide extraordinary educational opportunities for our children and attract many families to Lawrence Township. In the current economic environment, many LC families are finding it increasingly difficult to pay the fees necessary for their children to participate in the school’s award winning ensembles. We ask your support—through sponsorships and scholarship aid for students—to keep LC’s music and arts programs affordable for all students who desire to participate in and receive the educational benefits from these educational experiences.
Honors and Awards
Lawrence Central’s Performing Arts Program is nationally recognized and is one of the school district’s signature programs. Since 1996, LC ensembles have received many honors. Lawrence Township was named one of best communities in the nation for music education 5 times. LC ensembles (Spirit of Central Marching Band, Central Sound Show Choir, Sweet Sensation Show Choir, Wind Ensemble, Symphony Orchestra, Winter Guard and LC Drama) have won 4 national championships, 14 state championships, and more than 20 regional championships and performed for the Lombardi Trophy Presentation and pregame ceremonies for Super Bowl XLVI. LC groups have performed in Italy, France, and Monaco as well as across the United States and appeared in the Tournament of Roses Parade, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, and the Fiesta Bowl Parade. LC theater productions are widely recognized for their professional quality. (See list of honors and awards.)
More than 800 students participate annually in Lawrence Central’s Performing Arts Program. This means that more than 1/3 of LC’s student body is involved in the arts. Many students participate in two or more ensembles, and the total number of performers in all LC ensembles is more than 1,100 students.
All parents of Performing Arts students are members of the full board of the LCPAA. Please join us for our monthly meetings to help guide the program. We typically meet the first Monday of every month in the Choir Room (enter through door 10). Check the the Master Calendar for specific dates and time.
2016-17 LCPAA Executive Board
- President - Kim Earl - email@example.com
- President-Elect - Bob Gardner - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary - Leanne Kidwell - email@example.com
- Treasurers - Gayl Doster & Amy Svendsen - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Relations & Communication - Jill Hayth & Dawn Stout - email@example.com
- Fundraiser Coordinators - Beth Sheeley & Kathy Gardner - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scrip Coordinator - Angela Harrington - email@example.com
- Volunteer Coordinators - Susy Haber, Beth Rogers, Sue Felli & Anne Williams -firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technology Coordinators - Bryan Everly & Judy Everly - email@example.com