Lawrence Central Performing Arts Association
The Crown Hill Financial Assistance Scholarship
DEADLINE: Applications must be submitted to Performing Arts office no later than 3:00 pm on Friday, November 7th 2014.
PURPOSE: The purpose of this financial award is to provide assistance for active Lawrence Central High School performing arts students experiencing financial hardship.
Assistance awarded is solely for the costs associated with participation in LC Performing Arts.
AWARD: Qualifying students will receive a portion of funds specifically raised by and/or donated to the Lawrence Central High School Performing Arts Association for the above stated purpose. The financial assistance decisions will be communicated prior to winter break.
SELECTION: Once applications are received, prior to committee review, all applications will be numbered and cataloged with names removed so all information contained will be kept confidential. Selection will be made by a special committee made up of LCPAA members and the Lawrence Central Director of Performing Arts upon review of all applications submitted.
1. Applicants must clearly show financial need.
2. Applicants having any outstanding balances in their performing arts quota account must have a Financial Plan on file with the Performing Arts Department, if applicable. There must be substantial evidence that the plan is being followed and as current as possible considering the applicant’s situation.
3. Applicants (and their parents) must have volunteered to work at various LCPAA events, above and beyond those required as part of their course curriculum.
4. Applicants must have a consistent history of participating in performing arts department fundraisers, demonstrating the desire to help themselves with regards to their quota requirements.
5. Applicants must submit a completed application by the deadline.
Please contact the LCPAA office with questions about the Financial Assistance Scholarship program and application process at 317-964-7553.